The Lymphatic System: The Misunderstood System
The lymphatic system is the most forgotten and least understood system in the body. It is critical to the detoxification process. The lymph is thus a very important system to support optimal health.
Lymphatic Drainage: is a gentle rhythmical technique that gently works on the lymphatic vessels to enhance the flow of lymph throughout the body’s tissues.
Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy (MLD)
• Faster recovery and less scarring from surgery and other types of trauma by making lymph flow faster and stimulating the formation of new connections between lymph vessels
• Clears congestive conditions such as chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, acne, and headaches
• Strengthens the immune system
• Relieves heaviness tightness and swelling in those suffering from lymphedema.
• Increases overall relaxation by decreasing stress
• Relieves retention of fluids during pregnancy and menstrual cycle
• Decreases local edemas and hematomas from orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery scars, and burn scars; leading to a decreased in healing time and increase in client mobility
• People who suffer from insomnia, stress, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatism benefit greatly from MLD.